Wed Mar 07 2018

Adding additional display moniter

Hi can someone help me how can additional moniter/display can be added. Pc model is M420 Thanks

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Wed Mar 07 2018Reply from Baqir

C-arm model is Siemens Arcadis varic, with PC M420

Wed Mar 07 2018Reply from Baqir

C-arm model is Siemens Arcadis varic, with PC M420

Thu Mar 08 2018Reply from Tomelgy

You can add a video splitter. I'm assuming you have currently VGA 'D' type connectors from PC to monitors, You may have VGA to DVI adapters. You should be able to purchase reasonably cheaply online, it must have an loop through option.

If you have DVI adapters & need to purchase additional cables make sure they are DVI-D - meaning DVI dual mode (analogue & digital combined), there are DVI-A (Analogue) DVI-D etc. Look at the number of pins.

The cables depends upon which monitors installed...Siemens changed them during production.

Meaning, VGA into splitter, VGA out to existing monitor, VGA output to additional monitor.

The specification is 1080 X1024 @ 75hz. So just make sure the video slitter is capable.

Just one word or warning, if you power-on the system without cables connected there is a chance the Arcadis graphic card could reconfigure its self from 'Dual' mode to single monitor mode and then you will see error 70 etc at power-up. Its not a major problem to fix but you can do a lot of damage with software if you tinker with all sorts of graphic card settings.

If only one monitor works & errors. Get into windows<>setting<>display<>maybe advanced setting<> there 'somewhere' will be an option for dual mode. If dual mode is not visible, reconnect all original cables/connections as before starting & try looking for dual mode again!! Only change/select dual mode, nothing else.

Tom

Sat Mar 10 2018Reply from Baqir

Thank you Tom

PC has 2 DVI out. Moniters have DVI in. Cable connecting to monitor are VGA D type connected as VGA to DVI adopter. I tried to connect via VGA splinter, taking one of the moniters vga cable to splinter vga in and splinters vga out back to moniters. But that disturbed colours of Moniters A of c-arm. I am not sure if the video splitter was capable?   Can you send some links to Good quality vide splitters available on line. By the way graphic card has another port which looks like a S-Video port, but that is not S-Video has a different pins. Is that some sort of video out connection that can be used?

Best Regards

Altaf Baqir

Sat Mar 10 2018Reply from Tomelgy

The S_Video connection is not supported.

The official siemens video splitter uses VGA connections for input & outputs.

http://www.atlona.com  these people do a large range of video products. Remember the video standard is SXGA: 1280 X 1024 X 75Hz.

Connecting the existing monitor via the loop through connections of video splitter should not have any effect but then that depends if the video splitter is pasive or active.

Tom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree