Thu Apr 05 2018

Boot up looping

When powering on the Dash 4000 monitor, the system reboots over and over. For instance, the GE logo on display goes from white to blue then back to white to start the boot up over again. Any ideas how to fix. Not finding solution from manual. GE only wants you to send it in.

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Fri Apr 06 2018Reply from maudette

Reload software 

Fri Apr 06 2018Reply from AJ_Diaz

If you have the 7.2 software, reloading the software may or may not fix the problem. The 7.2 software is what is causing this problem. I had been running into this issue more and more and when I talked to GE about it, they said it was the software. I purchased 7.3 software thru our sales rep and everytime I run into this issue, I load up that software and it fixes the issue. You can only order the software thru your GE sales rep. I tried ordering thru customer support and tech support but they would not sell it. They kept pushing the "send it in to us" option.

Keep in mind, if you ever run into an issue where the screen reboots from the patient monitoring screen (not the GE logo screen), then this indicates a problem with the DAS module, not the software or the main board. Good luck.

Thu Nov 10 2022Reply from johnsonf

hellow did you manage this problem of Dash monitor 

Thu Nov 10 2022Reply from AJ_Diaz

Not sure if or how the OP fixed his issue but as I stated, there can be one of two issues. If your monitor is running SW Version 7.2 and it is rebooting at the GE logo, then it's most likely a software issue. Reloading 7.2 may fix the problem temporarily but it will happen again as GE has stated there is a bug in that version. If you can get your hands on 7.3, that will fix this problem. There may be a problem with the main board, but not likely.

Now, if the monitor is rebooting at the main monitoring screen, then the issue is with the DAS module. You'll need to order one from a 3rd party vendor as GE no longer sells this module. Try Medequip or Southeastern Biomedical, maybe Jet Medical or Avante/Pacific Medical. You'll need to make sure you order the correct one, depending if you use Nellcor or Masimo or Ohmeda for the SpO2.

Good luck.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree