Wed Apr 11 2018

DRAGER BABYLOG 8000 + Neonatal Ventilator VT low alarm in VG Mode

Dear All, Need a solution for the above mentioned alarm, In the service manual it says increase inspiratory pressure, increase inspiratory time and others settings. But in spite of making the changes the VT Low alarm is still persistent. Any one who has come across this problem and rectified it successfully then please share your views. Thanks in Advance. Suresh Reddy

RE: Ventilator Report Post
Wed Apr 11 2018Reply from mgbmike

Suresh,

As you mentioned, there are settings that need to be looked that might correct this alarm.  In VG, there are three settings to think about; Insp pressure limit, Flow, and Insp time.  All three have to be set to allow enough time, and pressure to deliver the Volume that you are trying to deliver.  Also, look at the Vt alarm setting, which might be set lower than the settings are targeting.

If this is not a setting issue, then measure the volume delivered with another flow meter, and compare to what the Babylog is measuring.

I'm betting this is a settings issue.  Hope this helps,

Mike

Wed Apr 11 2018Reply from Suresh Reddy

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll measure the volume delivered using a flow meter and compare to what the ventilator is measuring.

Have one more query, Is there a Vt Alarm Setting in this unit bcoz i have observed only Minute Volume Alarm Settings. Please guide on this.

Best Regards,

Suresh Reddy

Wed Apr 11 2018Reply from mgbmike

Suresh,

When you activate the VG mode, there is a setting in there for the target Vt.  The alarm is based on that setting.

While ventilating, look at your pressure wave form, is it getting clipped at the top, forming a flat plateau?  If so, you need to increase you Insp Pressure setting.  If that's not the case, look at your flow wave form, does it peak and then drop prior to switching to expiration?  It should, there should be an inspiratory pause, if not, you need to increase the flow.  Couple things to look at.

Good luck,

Mike

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree