Thu Apr 12 2018

iU22 Battery

1. Does the cart with service hardware E.3 have a battery in it ? 2. If the System confidence test fails what does that normally indicate ? Thank you for your answers

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Thu Apr 12 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

The UPS/Standby battery caused lots of reliability issues and was removed from the system design at rev E.0 of the hardware, and Philips' field engineers were told to remove them from systems under warranty or contract unless the customer actually used the feature.

Failures of the System Confidence test are logged but not displayed at user levels of the service software. Many of the error are false ones, meaning the diagnostic test is not a good one. Often you will do functional and performance testing on a system failing that test and are unable to find anything wrong with it. In AUE's service training classes, I joke about it only being good as a 30-minute timer and to run the test only if you need time to slip out for lunch or to make a call without the customer being upset. "I'm running the System Confidence test and will be back when it is done."  I suggest you do functional testing following section 8 of the OEM service manual and performance baseline testing of the probes and system to determine if the system is operating properly.

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

Thu Apr 12 2018Reply from WOS
WOS

My experience with the confidence test on the G and F carts that I have, is that it never fails unless you have a problem you usuallly already know about. (i.e. it has already thrown several errors)  I run it while I'm putting the covers back on after worklng on the system.    I know there was a coin cell battery on both the SIP and the Host on the old A carts (because I changed them) is that what they are asking about?      When I did the Philips biomed training on these; they did not cover the functional test from what I remember, just physical checks like the wheels and swing arm articulation.    Can I get a copy of the functional tests somewhere?

Thu Apr 12 2018Reply from bootloader

Thank you for the inputs. I was able to talk to a philips rep who reviewed the logs for me. No hardware failures or any anamolies. As jim said, i was also told that a failure doesnt mean that system has an issue but should keep an eye on it anyways.

Thu Apr 12 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Congratulations on getting the log file read, and thank you for sharing that information.

The functional performance tests are in chapter 6 of the Field Service Manual that Philips sells (for $700 a copy!) and which is copyrighted. You might be able to find it on the interweb, posted by someone that is outside the USA or is oblivious.

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree