Thu Apr 19 2018

MAC 5500. Paper error.

Hello. When the "ECG" and "Rhythm" buttons are pressed, the message "Paper Error. Reload paper and press "ECG" and "Rhythm" to continue printing. Press "STOP" to cancel printing" appears. What could be the problem and how to repair? The paper is in order.

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Thu Apr 19 2018Reply from Alex Wright
Alex Wright

Hello Diman, Try contacting these companies to see if they have experiance with this error and can help you trouble shoot:

Southeastern Biomedical

SOMA

ReNew Biomedical

GE Healthcare

Alexandra Wright MedWrench - Sales & Marketing Coordinator email me: awright@medwrench.com

Thu Apr 19 2018Reply from Statbiomed

Several things to look at first would be that the paper is the correct one for that model , next check the paper sensor to be sure its in place and lined up properly . Please feel free to contact us Stat Biomedical Technicians Inc. 631-472-7299 we are happy to help with support

Thu Apr 19 2018Reply from Boyd Campbell CBET, CRES
Boyd Campbell CBET, CRES

If you are certain you have a good battery installed and the correct paper (#2009828-061) loaded into the unit with the oval hole in the paper oriented to be nearest the white serial number label, we can assume that the issue is mechanical. One of two components may be at fault. First, the printer has a queue sensor that can be seen by opening the paper tray and looking along the print heads aluminum frame for a ¼” notch with a black optical sensor. Make certain that no foreign materials are obstructing the sensor. If this is ok, it may be faulty and need replacing.

More likely than a failed print head, the step motor that drives the roller assembly has a loose connection or has failed. To inspect the motor’s connectors, turn the unit upside down and remove the three Torx (T-10) screws that secure the power supply to the unit. You don’t need to remove the ground wire, but lift it up and aside to view the step motor. Disconnect, inspect and reinstall the grey and black ribbons on the step motor’s circuit board (the black ribbon is usually the issue). If this does not fix the problem, replace the roller assembly.

Thu Apr 19 2018Reply from Alex Wright
Alex Wright

"Soma Technology has multiple years experience with the MAC 5500 HD. One of our knowledgable service biomedical engineers can be of help. We can be reached at 1-800-GET-SOMA."

Soma Technology, Inc. LogoAlyssa Adler
Marketing Coordinator
Soma Technology, Inc.

Alexandra Wright MedWrench - Sales & Marketing Coordinator email me: awright@medwrench.com

Thu Apr 19 2018Reply from Deanna Wilkinson
Deanna Wilkinson

I had some paper loading error code issues on a Mortara ELI 350 recently.  I cleaned the printhead and the roller, and that temporarily cleared the message.  I was called back, and upon further investigation, I found there is a sensor that senses the little black box on the corner of each ECG printout page.  A little alcohol and a cotton swab on the sensor did the trick.  You might see if there is such a sensor on that unit.  I hope this helps.  I am not familiar with the MAC 5500

Deanna Wilkinson, CBET

Columbia Memorial Hospital/UHS 360 Biomed program

Deanna Wilkinson - MedWrench Guru
Wed Nov 07 2018Reply from FFMiller

I have had a lot of trouble with the paper sensor

Wed Nov 07 2018Reply from Alex Wright
Alex Wright

test reply

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree