Wed Apr 25 2018

Overhead Tube System Locking up in random positions intermittently, reboot allows movement.

Overhead Tube System Locking up in random positions intermittently, reboot allows movement again. Able to rotate tube head when locked up. Neither the rocker switches on the handle or the navigation display buttons allow movement after locking. Seems like it might be a brake issue, but just checking if anyone else has experienced this issue.

RE: Analog Radiography Report Post
Thu Apr 26 2018Reply from First Call Parts

Could be the brake in the drum or the D14 board that controls the brake. Is the SID changing on the readout okay? If it jumps around it may be the SID POT in the 3D.

Thu Apr 26 2018Reply from John D
John D

When the lockup occurs, are there any error codes on the 7 segment display on the D14 or D50 (located in the table base).  Also since this area is controlled by CAN communication have you verified the 5V supply and ensured that it is between 5.0 & 5.1 volts.

If you need additional support, please contact Technical Prospects for both parts and technical assistance.

John DiPasquale
Technical Trainer | Technical Prospects
1000 S. County Road CB, Appleton, WI 54914
www.technicalprospects.com
+1 (920) 757-6583
Thu Apr 26 2018Reply from Dapperdanman9

I did clean out the brake in the drum. I also noticed that the locking pin for the detents was worn on one edge. I cleaned them both and lightly lubricated them. It seemed as if the pins were sticking after hitting the release button for the traversal movement. It seemed to be actuating better after cleaning. since it is an intermittent problem I will wait to look into replacing the board till the issue is more consistent. Thank you for your help!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree