Wed May 16 2018

DICOM Transfer header file

We have been asked to collaborate with a research study. Test images sent via DICOM showed inconsistent reporting of energy window values. A 20% window around 159 kEv as lower limit of 149 and upper of 169. Correct data would be 143 and 175. DICOM version is 4.25. Release document lists many resolved deviations. There is no mention of window levels being reported incorrectly. Has anyone encounter such a issue?

RE: Nuclear Medicine-Gamma Camera Report Post
Wed May 16 2018Reply from Michael Meal

The camera information didn't show up in my post.  It is a philips ADAC vertx v60 runing solaris software release 5.0.  DICOM release version is 4.25.

Wed May 16 2018Reply from Chuck T.

Is this raw data files that you are transferring? Historically pegasys files do not play well with others unless run through a NUMA system to convert them.

Are you possible confusing display window/levelling values with isotope energy windows?

Wed May 16 2018Reply from Michael Meal

The files are raw data.  120 stops of spect data acqired with I-123 window.  The DICOM software release document lists about 80 resolved deviations as well as some unresolved deviations.  I don't have the capcity to read the DICOM header locally, I heard about the issue from the study sponsor. They are looking for clarification. 

Mon May 21 2018Reply from Srt

Are you finding this information using the following DICOM tags;

(0054,0014) and (0054,0015)?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree