Tue May 22 2018

Opinions/Experience with multiple channel infusion testers?

I am looking to pick up a 4 channel infusion tester for our office and am looking for any first hand experience or recommendations. Currently I am leaning towards a Rigel Medical Multi-Flow 4 channel Tester, but I have found similar but pricier testers from Fluke and BC Group. Any and all experience or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
RE:Analyzer Measurement & Simulator Report Post
Tue May 22 2018Reply from Alex Wright
CoopBio

You can always contact BC Group and Fluke directly with any questions you might have!

BC Group

Fluke

Alexandra Wright
MedWrench - Sales & Marketing Coordinator
email me: awright@medwrench.com
Tue May 22 2018Reply from CoopBio

Not looking for a sales pitch, more of a first hand experience from using these or any other 4 channel tester.

Wed May 23 2018Reply from Inland_Biomedical

Havent had any good experiences with the Fluke IDA--4, constant line blocks, errors etc. what pumps are you checking? Pronk technologies has a nice looking infusion tester, havent had any experience. We use scales and pressure meter to test alaris pumps

Wed May 23 2018Reply from CoopBio

They are alaris. We are trying to do 950 pumps inside 2 months. Looking to get 2 4 channel testers to really push through them fast. Thanks for the insight on the fluke. I’ve seen and used the pronk, but they only have a single channel tester as far as I know. It does work like a dream though.

Wed May 23 2018Reply from Inland_Biomedical

I am not sure if you can you perform multiple pm's at the same time using ASM?

"Carefusion does not recommend the use of automatic testers to check rate accuracy. Generally, these devices collect small samples and the test results may incorrectly indicate a rate accuracy failure" taken from Carefusion service manual 

Thu May 24 2018Reply from CoopBio

With these testers, you can perform the rate accuracy, fluid side occlusion and patient side occlusion tests simultaneously. You still use ASM to perform Instrument Inspection, Air-in-line, Door Ajar, Simultaneous Display, IUI Connectors, Alarm, Keypad and PM Reminder.

Our plan is to have one person run all the channels through the ASM software then run 2 testers, 4 channels each as we have 950 channels to do in January across January and February.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree