Wed Jul 11 2018

Drive wheel

I need to replace a drive wheel on a GE portable. I don't have any overhead supports that could bear the load and I'm looking for advice on how to lift this system off the ground high enough to change the drive wheel. Any advice would be appreciated.

RE: Mobile Radiography Report Post
Wed Jul 11 2018Reply from jspaulding

Amx4 plus

Wed Jul 11 2018Reply from Alex Wright
Alex Wright

Hello, what is the model name/number of this GE item?

Alexandra Wright MedWrench - Sales & Marketing Coordinator email me: awright@medwrench.com

Wed Jul 11 2018Reply from Frankie B.
Frankie B.
You could try looking for a toe bottle jack.

Wed Jul 11 2018Reply from Mark W.
You don't use overhead supports. I use a small piece of angle iron about 20 in. long and attach to a small hydraulic car jack this will lift the whole unit. For one wheel I have put a small scissor jack like the 18.00 one from harbor freight on one side. look underneath you can see the main chassis frame. Get a small car jack

Wed Jul 11 2018Reply from AJ_Diaz
Yeah, that's what we use here. We've got a car jack and it does the job.

Fri Dec 08 2023Reply from Wrosa

I treid using a car jack and it kept slipping off due to the slant after a certain height.  The easiest way in my opinion is to canter off center  with a car jack and lift it up a smidgeon, just enough to slide a pallet jack underneath the flat portion.... then grab a pallet jack from the warehouse and slide one fork directly in the middle, jack it up and place it on blocks in front of the rear wheels.  

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree