Fri Jul 13 2018

Can't Connect Laptop

We have tried Utility Suite, and Rut. 2 different cables, different laptops. Changed the Infc Board where the cable attaches on the rear of the monitor cart as well as the System Interface Board. Still no luck connecting a laptop to it. Any suggestions? Anyone have a Service Manual for it?

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Fri Jul 13 2018Reply from Arthur
Arthur
Hi, Maybe you are not setting the com port correctly? Are you using a serial to usb interface cable? Did you load the software for the serial to usb cable? I have manuals but need an email address. Art

Fri Jul 13 2018Reply from Kenney

No we are using an older laptop that has a serial port on it. We did try another laptop with a serial to USB adapter cable, and loaded the software for it, no luck. 

email: tlamshooter@yahoo.com

Fri Jul 13 2018Reply from FVBillR
I just connected to a 9900 recently, but it took a number of hoops to jump through to get there. It sounds like you were able to get permission from your I.T. dept. to load the Utility Suite, so that is hurdle #1. What I ended up having to do was buy an inexpensive ($200) laptop that has NO antivirus or institutional security software, because that was getting in the way. The trade-off/risk is, of course, that you must not use the laptop on-line EVER. The other connection issues that I wrestled with had to do with 2 things: First, you have to make note of the workstation's IP address before you change it to the one that RUT guides you to, so you can easily change it back to normal operation. The second thing you have to get correct is the selection of which system to "tell" RUT you want to communicate with. Most of the 9900s at our facilities need to be identified as "OLY 9900 1Kx1K" (or something like that) because the plain "9900" selection never allowed a connection. Other than that, I believe you need a crossover Ethernet cable that has to be connected to the port that is usually connected to a black/gray cable on top of the rightmost board. Hope this helps. It is a bit tricky, even when you get it set up right, because of communication time-outs and such, so you just have to expect a degree of required patience.

Fri Jul 13 2018Reply from Kenney

Is the connection different between 9800's and 9900's?

Fri Jul 13 2018Reply from Arthur
Arthur
Yes, 9900, 9800 totally different connection procedure. One is serial the other is Ethernet.

Fri Jul 13 2018Reply from FVBillR
Sorry...can't say without having a 9800 in front of me, but GE's common document library is pretty useful for manuals that are, I think, well written. OEC's tech support would be the second place to try after giving the manual a shot.

Mon Jul 16 2018Reply from ceshop

yes i can send you the manuals, depress the help button and see what version software is on the system and also you see all four nodes. have you verified the rs232 cable coming off the external interface board is connected correctly on the system interface board?

Fri Jul 20 2018Reply from BMET38
If this is an older 9800 you might need to have the RUT CD in the laptop to connect.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree