Tue Sep 25 2018

? Cassette separation ?

Hello I'm an Xray tech. Toward the end of the day ; 14x17 cassette finishing cycle in the vertical reader ; I may have pulled it out too early .... inner plate didn't attach to the outter cassette shell Manually pushing it together , would not clip the 2 together put the cassette through erase cycle in the reader - no success Suggestions ? Thx

RE: Computed Radiography Report Post
Tue Sep 25 2018Reply from Arthur
Arthur
Hi, On the bottom of the cassette (inner part) you will see two openings with a little piece of metal inside. They look like a little bump. After you slide the internal plate in to the exterior shell you use a straightened paperclip to slide the bump into the locked position. Give that a try Art

Sun Sep 30 2018Reply from dmacf_7168

Thx Art

I was at another clinic, with  the same Carestream CR equipment. 3 cassettes were set aside. So other techs have had the same problem. ( Though 2 techs who used to work at that clinic, claim that cassette separation, has never happened to them ).

Something more substantial then a paper clip was needed. limited tools. Brought a 10x12  back to service using a serving fork from the lunchroom. ( perhaps I'll keep a small diameter Allen / hex key in my kit).

There were still 2 14x17 cassettes out of service . But they had broken corners , So possible light leaks. I just left them.

David M   MRT near Toronto

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree