Sun Sep 30 2018

Fujifilm - FCR XG1: Won't load cassette

When I put in a patient and click "Start Study" nothing happens with the reader. The light to insert cassette doesn't light up. It acts like computer is not communicating with reader. If I put a cassette in and turn power off and on to reader, it cycles and then the "remove cassette light" comes on, but no image appears on display. I bought this unit used with no cable to reader. i assume it is supposed to be a CAT5 cable? Is there a way to make software communicate with reader or to check that it is on-line with reader? Thanks

RE: Computed Radiography Report Post
Sun Sep 30 2018Reply from Georgep

The reader and PC need a crossover cable to talk

or u can put them both on the same network 

Sun Sep 30 2018Reply from Henk Oldemans

when no cable problem:

check also reader config, sometimes it falls back to initial 172.16.1.10.

Login with a laptop "telnet" directly to the reader and check/set correct IP-addresses and RU-name.

(7 software utility; 1 display current config: check; 0; 2 temp setting, input new temp setting; 0; reboot)

Henk1951
Mon Oct 01 2018Reply from petvetdoc

Thank you all for your help! I will try a crossover cable and report back. If it ends up being the reader configuration, I'll need a little more guidance, I think!

Mon Oct 01 2018Reply from Henk Oldemans

if necessary i can send you a procedure how to connect a laptop and use telnet. it is very easy and takes not more than 5 minutes. btw i always use a straight RJ45-cable CAT5 for this purpose (we live in 2018 and most pc's are auto-sensing), but of course feel free to try the cross-cable.

Henk1951
Mon Oct 01 2018Reply from petvetdoc

Please send the procedure. I am at captaindad3@gmail.com. You are saying use a cat5 cable with a laptop to check/reset configuration. I do still need to  use a crossover cable between existing computer with Fuji software and cassette reader, correct?

Tue Oct 09 2018Reply from Dan Garcia

Hi everybody, Henk1951 can you send me the procedure to connect the computer using a crossover cable.

I´m having a mew expirence with this equipment. I´m at cadillac_127@yahoo.com.mx

Thanks

Thu Oct 18 2018Reply from JRmed

Hi pet vet
i just bought a fcr xg1, and having the same problem

dis you fix it? what was the problem

hope you can help me

thank you 

Thu Oct 18 2018Reply from petvetdoc

I haven't got it working yet. When I do I will post the fix!

Wed Dec 05 2018Reply from Hereward

You need to firstly use a standad CAT5 cable between reader and the workstation then go to the desktop and open cr346uty program, once open you can check the conection to the reader and also check the error data base which has an explination of any error codes stored. if theres no conection ip of reader should be 172.16.1.10 and the workstation should be 172.16.1.20 as a default but these may have changed, you'll see any changes in the cr346uty program. if this program is not visable on the desktop simply search in the fuji folder found on the C drive under programs.

Wed Dec 05 2018Reply from petvetdoc

Thank you for the reply. I have no connection with the reader. I am going to try an ethernet switch between the reader and workstation. I think I may have a bad ethernet port/card in the workstation. Not quite sure yet how to test that though.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree