Thu Oct 11 2018

error 328

Can you help me solve error 328

RE: Slide Stainer/Prep Report Post
Thu Oct 11 2018Reply from Ross

Z-axis (up/down) movement failure.
Turn the power off, and then see if you can move it up and down smoothly.
1: Obstruction in up down movement.
2: Problem with the linear bearing and/or shaft. Clean and lubricate it, and then move it up and down (with power off).
3: Problem with cable and or motor.
4: Problem with optical detector for motion.
Ross

Thu Oct 11 2018Reply from neil1sm

Thank you

Where can I get step-by-step instructions On how to clean and lubricate the linear bearing and\or shaft

Fri Oct 12 2018Reply from Ross

First, with power off, push the Z stage down all the way. Clean the upper part of the shaft with paper towels or gauze, and then with PT or gauze moisten with alchol. Then lift the Z stage all the way up, and then clean the bottom part of the shaft as before. Note that there are grooves in the shaft (there are either 3 or 4, I can't recall) - clean these carefully - perhaps cotton-tipped applicators would be best to get them clean.

Then use a good quality grease - Superlube, or a silicone grease to wipe onto the shaft, alternately moving the Z stage up or down. Force some similar oil into the grooves (Superlube oil, if you used that Superlube grease, or silicone oil if you used silicone grease). Then move the Z stage up and down repeatedly, to see if it begins to feel smooth.

Then try it with power on, to see if it can move without binding and generating errors.

Try this repeatedly if you still have problems. If that doesn't solve it, there may be an additional, more involved procedure.

Sun Oct 14 2018Reply from neil1sm

Hi Ross

Did the cleaning and greasing procedures as described.

The Z shaft moves up and done but it is very stil - I do not know if this degree of stiffness is normal.

when I turn the machine on I hear a faint click but no motor is running. 

Why are my next steps?

Tue Oct 16 2018Reply from Ross

Do you get an error? If so, is it still 328? Does the arm move in any direction? Have you tried to run a program?

Ross

Wed Oct 17 2018Reply from neil1sm

I get the same error on turning the machine on.  When the machine is off I can move the arm quite easily in the X and y axes.  The z axis is very stiff despite the cleaning. 

I cannot run a program. 

Thank you

Wed Oct 17 2018Reply from CAPSIMPEX Morocco
CAPSIMPEX Morocco
Send me thé vidéo at capsimpexsarl@gmail.com

With Regards,
Capsimpex sarl
http://capsimpexsarl.webnode.fr
Fri Oct 19 2018Reply from Ross
If Z axis movement is still stiff, after doing the above: The Z axis bracket is clamped around the linear bearing. Remove one machine screw, and then separate, in order to slide the bearing out of the clamping bracket. Do it carefully, but it will take quite a bit of effort. You will find there are three small holes in the side of the linear bearing. Squeeze oil (of the same base you have been using) into those holes. Fill them up, Move the linear bearing up and down. And then fill them again. Keep working the linear bearing, and filling the holes, to see if it will free up motion in the Z axis. If you can free it up, then fill the holes again, and slide the bracket clamp back onto the linear bearing. Ensure that the basket hanger is aligned parallel to reservoirs, and reinstall screw.

Mon Oct 22 2018Reply from neil1sm

Thank you Ross

- the linear bearing had only two holes in the center of the bearing. ( I exposed them but did not remove the entire bearing from the clamp) I filled those holes but they made no difference in the mobility of the z axis (which as I said before is stiff but not completely seized up).

what is the next step?

Mon Oct 22 2018Reply from neil1sm

Thank you Ross

- the linear bearing had only two holes in the center of the bearing, opposite to each other. ( I exposed them but did not remove the entire bearing from the clamp) I filled those holes but they made no difference in the mobility of the z axis (which as I said before is stiff but not completely seized up).

what is the next step?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree