Mon Oct 22 2018

Doppler Measurements Not right

Our machine does not measure velocity right even with the perfect parameters. Internal carotid artery velocity 20m/sn on normal patient ..It is not normal. Is threre a way to solve this problem or calibrate it.

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Mon Oct 22 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

The most common cause of incorrect velocity measurements is dead elements in the transducer array. Dead transmit and receive channels can also cause that problem. The image processing of the system makes it difficult to see a small number of dead elements or channels, even though it is adversely affecting the Doppler mode. Do you have another probe you can try? I suggest you get the probe tested by someone with an "element tester" such as FirstCall or ProbeHunter. If the probe tests good, then you need a service engineer to repair your system.

There is no calibration that can be done to the system. The Doppler calculations are done digitally using the Fast Fourier Transform. The only way the calculation could be incorrect is if a software engineer made a programming mistake. Although Toshiba units are rarely used for cardiology, I have never heard of a problem with the Doppler calculations.

Please feel free to contact us to get more information. Email us in the UK at Service@aueltd.co.uk or in the USA at Service@auetulsa.com

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree