Wed Nov 07 2018

Slow Door Closure

Can someone explain how to adjust a sluggish door closure mechanism on a Steris V-120 sterilizer? Cable does not appear to be slipping but sometimes when trying to close, door stops half-way up and alarms (door too long to close).

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Wed Nov 07 2018Reply from Alex Wright
Alex Wright

Hello, try contacting STERIS for additional assistance!

Alexandra Wright MedWrench - Sales & Marketing Coordinator email me: awright@medwrench.com

Wed Nov 07 2018Reply from Matt D.
Matt D.

The cable tension need to at a perfect adjustment. You will need to play with the tension. If you motor drive is running smooth, the cable coating is in good condition, and the cable is in the guides that are working smoothly.

Matt D.

Thu Nov 08 2018Reply from Kara Crissman

Dear Gondi,

We came across your post about the AMSCO Century Steam Sterilizer. We have a dedicated Service Support team who can help. Please provide us with your preferred method of contact or call 1-800-333-8828 for assistance.

Sincerely,

Kara Crissman
STERIS Corporation

Thu Nov 08 2018Reply from Jeff_EBS

There are several reasons for this to occur and the 20" door are the worse.  I have had all the follow cause this problem/

1) Drive motor, can be slipping internally. Have had several of these.

2) Drive cable stretched and/or out of adjustment

3) Sterilizer not level properly cause door to lean and rub and it goes up or down.

4) There is an upgrade kit available, through Steris, for the pulleys which actually rotate as appose to the cable slipping on the pulley wheels. This kit help me on serveral occasions. 

5) Check all door adjustment and the teflon tips to the S.S guides screws.

That's all I have. Good luck, they can be a pain.

Jeff

Thu Jun 13 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

take a look at your counter weight. See if it's catching or leaning at all. does the cable look worn at all? could also be a failing motor or power to the motor could be out of spec.

Thu Jun 13 2019Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

Does the drive motor sound like it’s running smooth? 

Make sure the cable is in good shape. Adjust the bottle screw a bit. You may need to adjust several times to find the sweet spot.

Matt

Mon Oct 21 2019Reply from Hazzzer

We just replaced a motor box for the same reasons you described. It was the gears that is causing the intermittent movement they were gone. So check the gearbox.

Wed Oct 23 2019Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

If the cable is too loose it will slip on the wheel and open and close slowly. If it's too tight it binds on the wheel and now move.

Matt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree