Tue Nov 13 2018

HISTOTECHNOLOGIST

1. CAP INSPECTOR ARE QUESTIONING ? WHAT ARE THE PRICISE / OPTIMUM TEMPTURE RANGES FOR CRYOSTAT? ? 2. ARE ALL CRYOSTAT IN THE SAME TEMPTURE RANGE ??

RE: Microtome Report Post
Tue Nov 13 2018Reply from ltbonrye

Usually 20C .... range 20C-30C.... depending on tissue being cut.  

Leon Broussard

LabCare, LLC

Tue Nov 13 2018Reply from TISSUE-TEK CRYO3 FLEX

Thanks itbonrye , but , we also need documentation / print-out , document stating this is the Ranges for Cryostate . Per Cap insectors : / 

Tue Nov 13 2018Reply from Ross

Well, there is a chart found in every (I think) Leica cryostat user manual.

I just looked at an CM1850UV user manual. The chart was section 7.4, page 29.

It lists three temperature ranges, "-10C - -15C," "-15C - -25C," and "-25C - -35C," and identifies tissues as being appropriate for one of more of the ranges.

It also states that, "The temperature values given above are based on long-term experience, however, these are only approximate values,
as any tissue may require particular adjustments."

Ross

Tue Nov 13 2018Reply from Ross

The temperature ranges for all cryostats will be about the same. The histotech may need to adjust the temperature up or down, depending on the tissue and other factors, to find the optimum.temperature. I think that most users find what works best for the tissues they normally cut, and leave it at that temperature.

There can be some differences between cryostats, depending on such factors as where the chamber temperature sensor is located, and how the chamber and microtome are cooled (e.g. are there cooling coils under the base of the microtome).

Most cryostat manufacturers will state that the experienced histotech should determine what temperature and clearance angle work best for the tissues and conditions (even if they list a recommended temperature or angle).

Check various cryostat user manuals. Check the operating and troubleshooting sections.

Ross

Wed Nov 14 2018Reply from TISSUE-TEK CRYO3 FLEX

Thanks Everybody .  gg :)

Tue Nov 27 2018Reply from Steve1980

No not all cryostats work in the same temperature range.  It depends on your model how cold it will get down to as well as the ambient temperature and humidity of the environment you are operating it in.  As a general rule most tissue is cut at a temperature between -20c and -35c and most cryostats operate down to either -30c to -35c.  Again the temperature your cryostat will reach really depends on your model and the conditions of your lab.  You can usually find the specs for your machine in the operators manual and they usually have a variance of 10%.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree