Sun Nov 18 2018

Mashine failure

Sreen is black no response to reset and set commands. Touch screen panel doesn't light. Where's the problem? Any one can help please. Thanks

Mon Nov 19 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Howdy,

The touch panels use +5 and +12 VDC, and the control panel uses those voltages as well as the -12 VDC. The easiest place to measure those voltages is on the Power Regulator board. There are also LEDs and voltage test points on the rear panel of the DC power supply.

The problem might be due to one or more open fuses on the Keyprocessor I/O board. There are eight 3A pico fuses on the board. F8 is a spare.

If you need support or parts, Advanced Ultrasound Electronics can help you. We have most parts in stock for the HP/ Agilent/ Philips Sonos 5500 and 7500 systems.

Regards,

Jim Carr

Director of Service & International Operations

AUE

Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831

USA office: 918-628-2831

UK office: +44 (0)1604 806446

Tue Nov 20 2018Reply from Radwan

Thanks Jim carr

But I am a doctor my knowledge in tecnology is not so much so can you please explain how to resolve this .many thanks sir.

Tue Nov 20 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

If you have an ohmmeter and can do the mechanical work of opening the control panel, this is the way to check the fuses to see if one or more are open. Replace any fuses that are open (high resistance).

1. Loosen the 2 flathead screws on the underside of the front handle.

2. From the front of the system, lift the control panel upward while pivoting the top of it.

3. Pull the control panel toward you until the slide hinges inside the bottom of the panel are fully extended.

4. Lift the prop rod that is located against the rear wall and insert in lower left corner of the left touch panel.

Jim Carr

AUE

Fri Nov 30 2018Reply from Radwan

Dear Jim,

This Yazeed, I'm Dr. Reda's son.

I'm an electronics engineer, I have checked the fuses you have mentioned and they all seems to be OK. Ive also checked the two fuses on the graphics board and they are OK as well.

As you know there is too many caps  on the bottom mother/main boards, could it be one of them that is cousing the problem ? now by visual inspection they all appear to be good i.e. no bulgy ones. what you think ? should I get an ESR meter and check them ?

We would love to get remote support from your company if possible as we are very far away.

Tue Dec 04 2018Reply from Radwan

Dear Jim,

This Yazeed, I'm Dr. Reda's son.

I'm an electronics engineer, I have checked the fuses you have mentioned and they all seems to be OK. Ive also checked the two fuses on the graphics board and they are OK as well.

As you know there is too many caps  on the bottom mother/main boards, could it be one of them that is cousing the problem ? now by visual inspection they all appear to be good i.e. no bulgy ones. what you think ? should I get an ESR meter and check them ?

We would love to get remote support from your company if possible as we are very far away.

Wed Dec 05 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Hello Yazeed,

I would suggest checking the +5, +12 and -12 that are used by the control panel. Those can be checked on the Power Regulator board in the E-box. You can access the E-box by pressing in on the buttons on either side of the user interface and lifting the user interface up. You should see a metal cover that has several Torx fasteners holding it down. Loosen those to remove the metal cover and you will see the Power Regulator board with a lot of test points at the top of the board. The metal cover should have a label showing the voltage that can be measured at each test point.

If the voltages for the control panel are OK, then I suggest replacing the Main I/O, also called the Keyprocessor I/O. It is part number 77921-60200, and AUE has 3 in stock in our USA office. Please contact us at Sales@auetulsa.com for a quotation.

Regards,

Jim Carr

AUE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree