Wed Dec 19 2018

003 error

I undetstand this error is due to opening the covers. I need to get in to service level. I have old codes and passwords. In order to use these passwords i need to change date. I hooked pc eith hyperterminal but can not change date. The susteö is 7.2 and serial no 50062. Thank you

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Wed Dec 19 2018Reply from MedWrenchManager
MedWrenchManager
What equipment are you referring to?

Wed Dec 19 2018Reply from Ayhan

Acuson sequia 512

Thu Dec 20 2018Reply from MedWrenchManager
MedWrenchManager

The following companies may be able to help:

AUE

Summit Imaging 

Trisonics

Edge Biomedical 

Conquest Imaging 

Thu Dec 20 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Howdy,

Wow, that is one of the first systems shipped, on the day the Sequoia system was introduced over 22 years ago! Apparently it has a PIC1 board and does not have "Third Party Service" enabled.

You can repair this by attaching the side covers and reinstalling the 7.2 software. You will need to restore the Features file from the backup MO disk in order to restore functionality of all probes and options.

Regards,

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

Fri Dec 21 2018Reply from Ayhan

Thanks Kaylee and Thanks Jim for the informative reply.

Jim,

-If I find an old back up MO will it do.

-I have old passwords (from year 2002) if I change the date will these passwords work. How can I change the date. I can access via Hyper term with user rcsg but I only get access to maintanence menu.

-If I remove the battery from PIC board will it help.

Jim , thanks a lot. It is difficult to find info on these systems although I think taht these are still one of the best build systems. Yes you are right this is probably one of the first systems sold.

Thanks and Regards

AYHAN MALKOC

Fri Dec 21 2018Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Ayhan,

The 003 error indicates a failure of the serial port B interupt test on power-up and is often caused by failure of the RDP board. Were you having a problem with the Sequoia that led to you removing the card cage cover? If so, what were the symptoms of the problem? The diagnostics on the Sequoia are not able to pinpoint the cause of most problems. It is almost always more accurate to troubleshoot problems based on the symptoms.

Removing a card cage cover on a system with a PIC1 without having the Third Party Service "feature" enabled will cause a Hall Effects switch to trip, resulting in the fans going to maximum speed and a 0-0-1 error. Most of us repair this by reloading the software and restoring the critical files from the Backup disk. If the system has a PIC2 and is at rev 7.2 or higher, you can reset it by attaching the card cage covers and rebooting the system. A PIC2 has the Ethernet connection below the 6 BNC connectors you can see with the rear cover attached.

Restoring the system to operation can also be done using a Siemens level password, which is specific to a date. Even though the Sequoia has not been in production or serviced by Siemens for many years, US copyright law still applies to this proprietary information. If you do a search of Sequoia and rcsg, I think you can find what you need.

An old MO disk with the backup files on it is OK. The only problems might be if upgrades were done to add Features after the date the backup files were made, or if the MO disk is corrupted or damaged. The files need to be specific to serial number 50062. There are 7 files to back-up and to be restored after a software reload. The most critical is the Features file. Without it the only way to enable clinical options and probes is to enter the hexadecimal key for each Feature. My advice has always been to make 2 backup disks, one for the user and one for the service provider, and to also record the key for each enabled Feature. (That is much easier these days, using our mobile phone.)

Good luck,

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

Fri Dec 21 2018Reply from Ayhan

Jim,

Thank a lot this has beden extremly helpful.

Take care

Ayhan

Tue Dec 25 2018Reply from Javieru

write.us sir.we.can.provide.what you need.

millanse@yahoo.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree