Fri Dec 28 2018

Force 2 output power calibration

I am testing the output power for the Force 2 surgical generator per instructions on service manuals dated Feb 1990 and 2004. Both service manuals check the max power output at the rated load for each output. The Force FX service manual checks the current output however. What output should be verified for surgical generators - the power output or the current generated with the load applied?

RE: Electrosurgical Unit (ESU) Report Post
Fri Dec 28 2018Reply from THURMA

Look at the serial number and determine the age of your unit.

However I do know you just check wattage using the rated load for that mode and tolerance is 15% or 5 watts whichever is greater. 

Mon Dec 31 2018Reply from Mr.G

I always use P = I² * R formula for any ESU.  You already know your load value.  Just input the current value that is measuered and it should add up to the power that is displayed.

Wed Jan 02 2019Reply from jamesgilber

All of these answers are correct.  Output power at the rated load has been and will continue to be the proper standard for all ESUs.  Force FX is no different than Force 2 in this regard.  The Force FX, however, has the Tissue-fect control system, so it actively limits the current in "short circuit" (below about 60 ohms) and voltage in "open circuit" (above about 4K ohms), that is why they have you do a current check at below rated load and a voltage check above rated load.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree