Fri Jan 18 2019

SpO2 Problem

We recently purchased some Dash 4000 monitors with Capnostream. When I plug in an SPO2 cable, I get the message "Probe or Module Malfunction" No power is sent to the sensor, We have tried new cables (both GE and Masimo) but no luck. SPO2 is enabled in options but I don't see software for it in configuration. They are all like this. Is it possible that the software was never purchased or more likely a hardware problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Vital Signs/Multi-Parameter Report Post
Fri Jan 18 2019Reply from LRF

Bear in mind that just because the probe fits into the connector doesn't mean it is compatible.  Additionally, if they are using disposable probes will this becoma an issue. I would first ensure you have at least one "golden set" of accesories with 100% confidence that it is correct and accurate (even if this is the perfectly matched OEM set and it is expensive). Then I would turn my attention to the monitor as being the culprit.

Mon Jan 21 2019Reply from Chris S
Chris S

I would agree it sounds like you have a probe compatibility issue.  The monitors can be purchased with 3 SPO2 configurations:
Generic Ohmeda SPO2, Masimo SET SPO2, and Nellcor OxiMax SPO2.  You will have 1 of these options installed.  I don't believe it is possible to order a monitor with no SPO2 option.

Official MedWrench Guru
Mon Jan 21 2019Reply from daveb medi

Thank you very much for the replies.  You are correct.  It was a probe compatibility issue

Tue Jan 22 2019Reply from CodeBlue

Just because it says MASIMO on the Spo2 input side, doesnt mean it is MASIMO.  Someone could have used a good case and put Nellcor in the unit.  With Nellco you have two applicable pateint cables (Nellcor Oximax and Nelcor Oxismart)  Look alike but are different.  Possibly see if you can get a Nellcor cable & sensor.  

James Vollbracht

Medical Equipment Sales Associates, Inc.

www.overstockme.com

e: james@mesasales.com

Sat Feb 02 2019Reply from Mdhirsh

How do you determine which brand SpO2 probe is required, if there is no label, other than trial and error, or is there some identifier in the cold boot or service menu? Any identifier inside the DAS module? Thanks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree