Thu Mar 07 2019

screen cuts out when moving hinge

My screen flashes and cuts out when moving the hinge. Is there a way to fix this? Could it be a cable is wearing inside? Could it need a new screen? How do I repair this?

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Thu Mar 07 2019Reply from Chris S
Chris S

Yes, I have seen a paperclip get stuck in the hinge and wear through the flex cable.  I believe GE will only sell the entire LCD assembly, not just the cable.

Official MedWrench Guru
Thu Mar 07 2019Reply from AJ_Diaz

**CORRECTION**

No, no, no, no!! The cables can be bought separate from the LCD. GE Part# is 2073088-001

The flickering is usually the backlight cable, a brownish ribbon cable that goes from the main board to a display inverter then to the LCD. If the display completely goes out, that's the display cable, a grey ribbon cable that goes from the main board to the LCD. The part number I listed above is the entire cable kit that includes both those cables as well as the display power cable, the inverter-to-lcd cable and another cable (I can't remember which one it is). If you go on PartsFinder.com, type in the part number and it'll show you all the cables included. The display rarely goes out. We have 15+ units here and I've replaced maybe 2 or 3 displays. If that still doesn't fix it, then replace the LCD. But because of the flickering, that tells me it's the gray ribbon cable. I like to replace all the cables whenever I replace these cables because there is so much disassembly that happens that it is just worth it to replace them all and be done with it rather than take chance on having to replace the other cable in a month or two. I learned the hard way.

Thu Mar 07 2019Reply from Chris S
Chris S

Good to know, thanks.

Official MedWrench Guru
Thu Mar 07 2019Reply from biomed_9900
biomed_9900

I CONCER WITH AJ DIAZ. MOST LIKELY PROBLEM IS WITH  RIBBON CABLE TO LCD DISPLAY, THOUGH YOU MUST BE CAREFUL LIFTING THE GLUED DOWN BEZEL TO GET TO THE SCREWS THAT HOLD THE LID TOGETHER.

YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE TO REPLACE THE CABLE AS IT MAY HAVE WORKED  ITSELF LOOSE. RESEAT THE CABLE AT EACH END AND TEST IT BEFORE YOU BUTTON IT UP. THE RIBBON CABLE IS AVAIBLE ONLINE.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree