Thu Apr 11 2019

EKG showing abnormal on most of our patients

The last few times nearly all of our EKGs were showing abnormal. Our patients exhibited no signs or symptoms of distress. We were doing routine EKGs. We have had this machine for years. Does it need to be calibrated? If so, can we do it ourselves?

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Fri Apr 12 2019Reply from TSS Jim

The Atria 3100 is a self calibrating device. It is end of service with Burdick / Mortara / Welch Allyn and cannot come to the factory for evaluation. The most common cause of ongoing readings of abnormal tend to be dried out electrodes, a build up of material on the clips or a broken/cracked leadwire. Open each clip and look inside to make sure the metal does not have any deposits on them. Unplug the clips from the leadwires and push them on again looking for corrosion on the plug on the leadwire. Open a new package of electrodes. If those steps do not help you might need a new leadwire set and they can still be bought through most larger medical distributors.

Fri Apr 12 2019Reply from Vallarie

Ok. Thank you.

Fri Apr 12 2019Reply from Vallarie

I don't know how to send a sample report on this forum to show you what the printout reads. The messages are not all the same, but they all have "abnormal reading" on report. I know we have increased the number of EKGs in the last month. I am thinking we are going to have to replace the leadwires. Our machine is really old and was not being used very often until we got a new doctor that orders EKGs routinely on most patients. We did around 80 EKGs from March 1st to today. Approximately 85% of those had abnormal readings.

Fri Apr 26 2019Reply from JGMORILLO

If you already replaced electrodes set and problem persist, just replace the cable. 

If you replaced both and problem persist the Willis network is out of balance probably you will need to replace the equipment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree