Wed May 29 2019

Paraffin leakage

We have som leakage of paraffin on the Dispense Lever Position Adjustment Knob. Where is the problem?

RE: Embedding Center Report Post
Thu May 30 2019Reply from MedWrenchManager
MedWrenchManager

For what equipment?

Thu May 30 2019Reply from DSliven

It's Thermo HistoStar. 

Thu Jun 06 2019Reply from F. Maia

The problem is most likely a small o-ring in the screw that controls the paraffin flow. With time the o-ring gets stiff and stops doing it’s function. Then the paraffin starts to come out from the top of the flow control. If you remove the knob and dispense arm cover then you can remove the screw completely and check the o-ring.

Thu Jun 06 2019Reply from DSliven

Thanks a lot! I'll check that out

Tue Jun 09 2020Reply from loza2017

Hello I have the same problem! How do you remove the knob and dispense arm cover?

Tue Jun 09 2020Reply from loza2017

Is there any Service Manual for Thermo HistoStar that shows the dissasembling of the different parts?

Tue Jun 09 2020Reply from F. Maia

Hi,

You have to pull up the Knob, that is only secured with spring just like the washing machine knobs.

After removing the knob, you will see a flat head slotted screw. Remove that one.

Next, you need to find a Hex Socket Head Screw (I think that is the correct name) that will be underneath at the rear part of the dispense arm cover. You don't need to remove completly, only loosen a little bit.

Then, you can pull the cover forward (or to the front, if you know what I mean) and at the same time raise the front where the knob screw is.

You don't need to remove the cover. It's possible to remove it without disassembling more parts but it requires a lot of practice.

The Service manual I have only shows the different parts. I had to figure out how to do it by my own.

I hope this helps.

Wed Jun 10 2020Reply from loza2017

hello! Thanks very much for your answer, I´ll try to follow these indications

Is it possible that you send that manual you have or tell me how to get it?

thans a lot

Lorena

Hello, I did what you told me and it worked. Thanks!!!

Please, If you can send me the manual that you have, I´ll thans you a lot

Bye 

Lorena

Hello again. We still have the leakage of parafin from the dispense lever

in the operator manual says that when e there is excessive wax drips
from the dispenser that is due to debris blocking the valve seal

In this case, what should we do?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree