Sat Jun 01 2019

Tube is hot even on idle

Hello I have a c-arm that even if it's left on for hours without being used the tube is still hot not scorching hot but hot enough to be concerned. It eventually overheats during operation. The cooling fan is working. Any ideas please?

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Sat Jun 01 2019Reply from C12Guy
C12Guy

Are they doing alot of HLF or cine runs that will over heat a tube fast. Draping are they draping in a way that the fans are not getting enough air, in or out. Enviorment of the room do they keep it warmer than usual, seen where a doc likes it at 80 degrees. Fan filters clean? 

Sat Jun 01 2019Reply from Keith Lartigue
Keith Lartigue

This is an outpatient surgery center so they really use this carm alot. Im not sure about HLF or Cine, but Im sure they use those features. I will check on the draping. The fan does work and the filter is clean. The room is feeling a bit warmer than usual. Thank you sir! I need to go back on site and evaluate the tempeture in the room. 

Sun Jun 02 2019Reply from Mike E

Sounds like the stater / filament is always on when it should only be active during actual use. The filament needs to pre-heat / charge before the tube load is exercised and an exposure is made. If always on it may generate excessive heat and shorten tube life.

Sun Jun 02 2019Reply from Ramos Cardio
Ramos Cardio

Hello I suggest you redo all tube calibration. Including the preheating of the filament.

Sun Jun 02 2019Reply from Ramos Cardio
Ramos Cardio

I suggest you redo all tube calibration. Including the preheating of the filament.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree