Wed Jun 19 2019

Tube Rotor will not stop turning unless the batteries are unplugged

Hello my fellow Engineers, I have a 9800 Plus c-arm that has a rotor that constantly spins and the only way to stop it is by unplugging the batteries or disconcerting the tube connector. Please help! I've replaced the batteries and xray tube already.

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Thu Jun 20 2019Reply from C12Guy
C12Guy

Are you getting a high spin all the time?

The major components of this functional group consist of the Generator Interface PCB, Power/Motor Relay PCB, T3 Stator Transformer, and X-Ray Tube. When the system is booted and the Interlock sequence is complete, stator rotation begins, in the following sequence:  1. The Generator Interface PCB receives temperature status of the X-Ray tube housing and stator input voltage sense. 2. The Generator Interface PCB first activates the STATOR_START signal, which switches a relay on the Power Motor Relay PCB to select 115 VAC power.  It then sends a signal, STATOR_RUN, to the Power/Motor Relay PCB that switches 115VAC power to the T3 Stator Transformer and to the Stator coil of the X-Ray Tube. The tube anode begins to rotate.  The return line passes through a thermal switch on the X-Ray Tube housing that will open above a maximum safe temperature and stop the anode from rotating. After two seconds, when the anode reaches running speed, the Generator Interface PCB causes the 115 VAC to the stator and capacitor to turn off by turning off the STATOR_RUN signal on the Power/Motor Relay PCB. The signal STATOR_START is turned off 100 ms later to switch 40 VAC power from the T3 Stator Transformer to supply the Stator coil of the X-Ray Tube. After 100 ms, the STATOR_RUN signal is turned on again, and the stator continues to run, powered by 40VAC instead of 115 VAC. A STATOR_SENSE signal is monitored by the Generator Interface PCB to confirm that the anode is rotating (when it is not, the current drawn by the stator coil changes, so that a failure can be detected.)  If the thermal switch operates, the circuit will then shut down the system

The 115VAC_PH_MTR, as described above, is under the control of Relay K10 on the Power/Motor Relay PCB. This power divides two ways-one to the K15/K16 relays as described above. The other branch is conducted to the K1 relay on the same PCB, which is controlled by circuitry 

forrest747@hotmail.com if you need more info

Thu Jun 20 2019Reply from Keith Lartigue
Keith Lartigue

C12Guy, 

I will do as you say, thank you so much! 

Thu Jun 20 2019Reply from Arthur
Arthur

I have some block diagrahms. It covers the 9900 but the C section is the same on the 9800 and 9900. If you're interested. Messick@holyname.org

Thu Jun 20 2019Reply from Keith Lartigue
Keith Lartigue

Arthur,

Thank you my friend!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree