Tue Jul 02 2019

Touch Panel does not respond

Hello, I am troubleshooting a Philips Sonos 5500 ultrasound machine. The two touch panels are lit but does not respond to touch. After doing a system's test, the error code displays :K0105-0000 [RTP:K8] Right touch panel Also try KP:K1 I've switched the touch panels from left to right and still had the same problem. I've disconnected the cable from the right and still the same problem. The system also does not allow to recalibrate the touch panels. What should I do? What's the problem?

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Fri Jul 05 2019Reply from Winter S

Touch panel Displays are always the achillies heal of the equipment today. Those panels run the whole system and without them, the machines don’t work.

You have 3 solid options:

1. Get the panel as a part from Philips. They do sell them. But, usually those panels have a board behind it. Sometimes soldering those panels to the board would be needed. Hopefully there is just a plug-n-play socket to plug the panel into.

2. If the part is fried, and a part is not available from Philips, then buy a new used ultrasound machine. The best places are ebay and the Mazree.com medical equipment auctions.

3. Also, buying a new machine is an option. Albeit the most expensive option. So, the other 2 options should be explored first.

Does that make sense?

Tue Jul 09 2019Reply from dferguson
dferguson

Call Conquest Imaging for parts.  They should have what you need.

866-900-9404

Thu Jul 25 2019Reply from abhanna0807

We determined after troubleshooting that the touch pannels were okay. The end result was a problem in the keyscanner board. After replacing, this solved the problem. 

Thanks for your help. 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree