Wed Jul 10 2019

XGI-8 Gas anesthesia system - how to exchange the VAPORIZER

We have the XGI-8 Gas anesthesia system for our IVIS Spectrum and need to conduct the annual calibration of the vaporizer. We purchased an additional vaporizer to install while the current one gets calibrated. However, the vaporizer we received does not have the correct fitting to be installed in the XGI-8 system. In addition, taking the vaporizer on and off seemed quite complicated, especially detaching the plastic tubes. Could you please provide the correct information of 1) the vaporizer to order and 2) how it is installed? Thank you. Sincerely, Simona

RE: Anesthesia Gas Machine Report Post
Mon Aug 19 2019Reply from SBaca

I wish I could help you. I can't even get the vaporizer off my unit to get it calibrated. And getting help from Caliper is IMPOSSIBLE.

Mon Aug 19 2019Reply from sulsapj
sulsapj

You might wish to contact VetEquip in California.  Removal is not difficult but you cannot exchange this with a standard vaporizer.  This particular vaporizer requires a special calibration under pressure, there are not a lot of vaporizer companies that are equipped to handle this.  You also cannot put a standard vaporizer in its place so if a loaner is required you would need to acquire one from the service provider and not just one off of the shelf.  There is usually no indication on the vaporizer that it has been calibrated for use in a unit that delivers a constant pressure to the vaporizer.  This is usually the case if you find a flowmeter positioned downsteam of the vaporizer.

Rick Trexler, RVT, CBET

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree