Wed Jul 17 2019

NO GAS Alarm on Screen

SLE 5000 ventilator giving "NO GAS" alarm , Gases are connected and pressure set at 4 BAR,Calibration of regulator done with external Analyser and set at 40 PSI, Still the NO GAS alarm remain on screen.On removal of Air pressure it gives NO AIR and NO GAS both alarm ..Full calibration done as per the service manual.Please suggest if some one has a solution.

RE: Ventilator Report Post
Mon Jul 29 2019Reply from Suresh Reddy

Hi,

No Gas Alarm may occur if the ventilator is being ventilated for longer period of time with a wrong patient circuit.

Otherwise the issue may be Pressure Transducer. Sometimes the issue may be solved by removing and re connecting the tubings to Pressure Transducer.

And also in the service mode, check whether the blender value is +/- 7, if it is not then adjust the air regulator.

Mon Sep 02 2019Reply from Winter S

Hi Aum,

Yes, I agree. That sounds like the Pressure Trans. 

And yes the hose connections around it can make a difference. When they are older than a few years old, they start to throw weird errors sometimes. 

I found the service manual for you...here:

http://www.frankshospitalworkshop.com/equipment/documents/ventilators/service_manuals/SLE%204000-5000%20Infant%20Ventilator%20-%20Service%20manual.pdf

And on Page 194, there was material there about "no gas" alarm. Have a look.

What is broke on the vent? If the problem is just an adjustment or a small hose issue , then it should be an easy fix.

However, if the solution or the new parts would cost as much as the vent itself, then picking up a used vent may be just what is needed.

That depends upon the yearly equipment budget in the purchasing office at your hospital. But, if the budget is low, I've seen these tables on the Mazree.com auctions and the Ebay auctions before. Hope that helps.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree