Thu Jul 18 2019

Trouble with power

I purchased a refurb ECG machine last year. All of a sudden it will not power on. It appears to be charged but it will not come on. It does not make any beeping noise when I press the button either. Any suggestions?

RE: Electrocardiograph (EKG / ECG) Report Post
Thu Jul 18 2019Reply from Chris S
Chris S

Try reseating, or replacing the battery.  Sometimes they will not power on when the battery gets weak even if it is plugged in.

Official MedWrench Guru
Thu Jul 18 2019Reply from AJ_Diaz

The backlight may have gone out. I usually replace both the video and power cables since they are in the same location and it is somewhat time consuming to open it a second time. If those cables don't fix the problem, there are a few options.

The inverter board itself, the actual backlight located at the top and/or bottom of the display (looks like a thin tube with a red cable and a black cable coming out going into one connector), or the display itself. If those don't work, then it's the main board or the power supply.

The battery pack may be the problem but that is hardly ever the case. Or maybe the power cable isn't charging the battery.

Thu Jul 18 2019Reply from Stan Skaggs
Stan Skaggs

Check the power cord and main fuse first.  See if charge light is illuminated on power supply when plugged in.

mrstan.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree