Fri Aug 02 2019

Jacket not charging above 235deg

Any ideas? I was doing a pm and had issues with reaching pressure and temp during cycles. Found a hole in jacket steam trap and a warn busing where the jacket rtd is inserted into plumbing causing a leak. Replaced both and calibrated temp/pressure (x2). Checked my PRV and the feed line a the top for blockage. Checked S9. Not sure what is going on.

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Fri Aug 02 2019Reply from Bob@montaquip

At 235f, what does the jacket pressure read?

Fri Aug 02 2019Reply from JKG
Sat Aug 03 2019Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

Is your supply pressure gauge starting at zero? Have you verified your steam trap and the defuser is clear? Verify S-9 is ok. Boiler is above 60psi while charging the jacket.

Matt

Sat Aug 03 2019Reply from JKG

Yes to all of those things. Thinking maybe a board?

Sat Aug 03 2019Reply from Bob@montaquip

Okay. 

Was there a problem reported prior to pm?

what did you replace on pm?

Mon Aug 05 2019Reply from Chris35

Sounds like a condensate issue, did you replace the seat in the trap? Check valve after trap not stuck? Diffuser probably clogged, I normally break it off and run without it. Why did you calibrate? for certain you have a good cal on the jacket probe? I wouldn't point at the board just yet.

I'm guessing the original problem was "Jacket RTD failure" at the end of the sterilization phase of the cycle because there was too big a difference between the jacket temp and chamber temp, which is almost always a jacket condensation problem, which is almost always the steam diffuser below the compression tee where the trap ties to the water from ejector line.

I would also consider loading the previous RAW cal data from before your calibration unless you are 100% you've got an accurate value across a suitable span.

Mon Aug 05 2019Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

Does it have a boiler or are you on facilities steam? 

If it’s on the boiler you need to check your heating element  equal or about equal in resistance. They should be within about two Ohms of each other.

Otherwise there is something you missed between your steam trap, check valve defuser to the drain from the jacket or from the PRV to S9  to the jacket, blocked steam screen?

Matt

Mon Aug 05 2019Reply from Bob@montaquip

Occum’s razor applies. Back to the beginning. Easiest solution applies. Verify temp verify pressure. 

Diffuser is logical. And a notorious and unnecessary pain in the a@@. Start there  

Mon Aug 12 2019Reply from Matt D.
Matt D.

Did you find your problem?

Matt D.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree