Wed Aug 07 2019

Base cover

Hello, I have an Amsco 3085 that was hit with a power surge. The table was at its lowest setting and now does not power on. I removed the column covers and now cannot separate the two base cover halves. Any suggestions?

RE: Surgical Table Report Post
Wed Aug 07 2019Reply from Matt D.
Matt D.

Have you checked the breakers at the foot pedal? pushing the foot pedal down will expose then on the right of the opening.

Otherwise you will need Philips and or Allen hex head tools.as you get the top clam sheel off the other should follow by pupping apart. Re-assembly is a bit of a trick too. If you don't have an manual email me Matthew.Duvall@scasurgery.com I'll send you what I can.

Matt D.

Thu Aug 08 2019Reply from Biomed_15

Have you disconnected the two latches inside of base cover? There should be one on each side right around where they connect.

Thu Aug 08 2019Reply from Jeff_EBS

Don't forget, you might be able to manually raise the table using the foot pump. You need to hold the function button you want to articulate on the hand control while pumping the manual pump. 

Unfortunately many pump don't work because they are never used.. Good Luck

Fri Aug 09 2019Reply from Chris35

You will have to manually lift the tabe using a hoist or a helper picking the top up. Then support the top using supports. Be sure it is secure! make sure your supports are near the column as the leg / head section can sometimes bleed when loaded from the bottom. The hydraulics wern't really designed to hold a load from that direction. Reach in and unclamp the 2 latches and seperate the base. Your hand/arm will be in the danger zone so I can't stress enough, support the top!

Once you get to the power supply / power control assembly, excercise the voltage selection rotary switches back and forth a few times. I've seen them take out the power many times.

The manual pump will only work if you can hear the relays click when you move the manual switches.

Sun Nov 10 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

inside the base cover, where the 2 halves meet, are simple latches, they are towards the bottom of the seams. Either pick up/remove the shrouds above it to reach in from above, or pick up the base cover and reach up from underneath...be careful not to pinch your fingers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree