Fri Aug 16 2019

Temperature sensors not working

I'm having problems with the temperature sensors, the black needle of the gauge hits hard the limit of the scale and stays there forever. The voltage divider of the galvanometer seems to be fine, all resistors are ok. I'm suspicious about the sensors. I can see that there are 2 of them. I have removed the lateral lid and am able to see clearly a K-type thermocouple wrapped inside a pipe and, strangly, its yellow connector is loose, it is not connected to anything. I don't see where it could be attached. As for the other sensor, it is the one inside the cylinder of the evaporator, it looks very strange to me, I cannot tell what kind of sensor it is, at first sight it resembles an optical fiber, it seems to have a core, but I'm expecting a thermistor or some kind of semiconductor like an LM35 or something like that. Coming out of the chamber there are two red wires connected to the sensor which outputs 2.7 V. So, my specific questions are: 1) Where should the thermocouple be connected?, 2) What kind of sensor is the one inside the chamber? 3) What should be the output of the sensor located inside the chamber? Thanks a lot, I would really appreciate your help.

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Mon Aug 19 2019Reply from MedWrench Mandy
MedWrench Mandy

What is the manufacturer and model name?

Mandy Hernandez | Digital Marketing Coordinator
email me: mandy@medwrench.com
Connect with MedWrench:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIN

Mon Aug 19 2019Reply from HectorK

Hi. Thank you for your response. It's a Sorvall RC-5B Plus centrifuge. I can see on the sticker that it was manufactured by Kendro Laboratory Products (2001).

Mon Aug 26 2019Reply from TRS

As to where the two red wires connect...remove the front panel of the instrument and you should see the terminal ends of the wires mounted to a terminal strip on the instrument frame.  Secondly, if you disconnect one terminal, you should be able to measure approximately 136 ohms (power removed from the instrument).  Thirdly, the part number for the temp sensor kit is 12233.  I don't have this in stock but we may still be able to get it through Thermo.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree