Sat Aug 24 2019

Images good on C-Arm, dark once they get to Fuji PACS

We have a 9800 Plus that takes great images, but when sent to PACs the image is very dark. The PACs Team says it is a window leveling issue. Of course, they say it must have to be a problem with the c-arm. Not sure I'm totally buying their assertion, but I guess I have to prove otherwise. My guess would be a faulty Image Processing Board. Anyone ever have a similar issue? Thanks Randy

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Sun Aug 25 2019Reply from Rapidxray.biz

Check that you aren't sending images in the compressed packet mode. Check with PACS administrator to ensure all settings are correct like little indian negotiating...etc.. The images have already been processed by the machine before PACS so I believe it is how PACS is set up or something changed in PACS. Good Luck and let us know what you find!

Rapid X-Ray

http://www.Rapidxray.biz

Sun Aug 25 2019Reply from Rapidxray.biz

To prove it isn't the machine download the free version of K-PACS and send yourself some images. I often use an open source PACS format to verify my equipment is sending images to PACS just fine and that it's something on their end so I can go about my business and wait 3 or 4 days for I.T. to do it's thing. When I worked in-house I was knowledgeable enough in I.T/Networking that 9 times out of ten I could trace the issues to a bad socket on a Network switch, bad router, bad RJ45 cable or socket or for whatever reason our PACS authorization or I.P. got changed. Saved the hospital crap loads of downtime! Good luck!  

Sun Aug 25 2019Reply from Randall Pugh

I’ll give that a go!  I appreciate any help I can get.  

Thanks for the quick response 

Randy

Sun Sep 15 2019Reply from Henk Oldemans

This problem will be caused by the window level settings in the pacs. Adjust these levels for this AET only; this should be done by the pacs adminstrator.

You can check the pacs behaviour of your system by configuring a PACS-application e.g. KPACS, "ClearCanvas" or even DicomEye. It seems KPACS is not available anymore, but a demo version of ClearCanvas is. This KPACS-test was already suggested in another post concerning this subject.

Henk1951
Fri Jan 24 2020Reply from Tomelgy

Henk1951 is correct.

Another suggestion is to burn image to CD/DVD & import directly on the PACS viewer. One other consideration is the Modality type. Default window values should be applied (by PACS) but sometime they need to correct per AET source.

Tom

Fri Jan 24 2020Reply from Henk Oldemans

I know - and i told it before - that it is possible to adjust in the FUJI PACS the window leveling for each AET. This has to be carried out by a FUJI engineer

Henk1951

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree