Thu Aug 29 2019

422LS gravity steam autoclave

The display suddenly quit working. Is there anything you can suggest to troubleshoot it? Loose wire, bad connection, dead battery, etc.

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Fri Aug 30 2019Reply from MedWrench Mandy
MedWrench Mandy

Edge Biomedical may be able to help you.

Mandy Hernandez | Digital Marketing Coordinator
email me: mandy@medwrench.com
Connect with MedWrench:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIN

Mon Sep 02 2019Reply from Winter S

Hi Dr Jameson,

Good morning. 

On the display, there are always a few things to check.

1. I found the user manual for you here: https://www.medwrench.com/documents/view/3140/getinge-400-500hc-series-getinge-400hc-and-500hc-series-user-manual

Use the manual to see if there is a part that needs to be replaced. Sometimes displays stop working on steam sterilization machines because of water build-up when opening and closing them over a few years.

Remember electronics and water don't mix well. grin.

Also, I seen these displays get knocked out because the techs will drip a bit of water when taking the utensils out of the machine. If the machine is a little older (more than 4 years) check for small cracks in the seals around the display board.

I have also seen the heat of the machine itself become too much for the electronics. That is rare, because the manufacturers I would hope would build the components to withstand normal operating temperatures. 

I do know that lately the hospitals and offices I work with have been picking up more used sterilizers through Ebay and Mazree.com auctions. The purchasing department are saving a ton picking the machines up used. I like them.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree