Mon Sep 23 2019

Screen is all white with blooming colors

We have a Zoll E that when turned on, the display starts out white, and then starts blooming colors. Any idea what's going on with this? Thanks

RE: Defibrillator Report Post
Mon Sep 23 2019Reply from ReNew14

It's either the backlight PCB on the display and or the display itself. 

email me  neil@renewbiomedical.com  if you need pricing for repair and or parts , we can't be beat in this area. 

Sun Nov 03 2019Reply from Winter S

The Zoll E series is known to have problems with the display when they are jostled around too much.

Remember, these are just electronic boards with small wires connected to LED displays. And these Zoll E units are portable.

I've seen these small portable units get knocked around a bit in normal use. Well, when these things have those tiny wires connected to the board inside get knocked around, they come loose. It's usually just a solder joint.

If the machine just needs tweaking or configuration, that should do it for you. However...

...If this machine is broke, and won't work anylonger, there are a few options that should work:
1. Contact a repairman that specializes in medical equipment.

2. try to fix it yourself, by buying the parts and fixing the machine. If it needs parts at all.

3. buy a used machine - This option is sort of new in the world of medical equipment. It was only 5-6 years ago when this became a serious option. The equipment can usually be purchased from one of the many used medical equipment suppliers online. However, there are only a few places to put the sale into an auction format to pick up some really good deals. One is Mazree at https://www.mazree.com/smart-auctions. I have seen these machines come up on the site. I checked.

4. the last option is to buy new through the normal supplier. This is last because it is the most expensive. But doable, depending upon your purchasing budget.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree