Thu Oct 17 2019

Force FX-C Testing Cables

My shop has just taken delivery of several Force FX-C units and we're looking into test cables; one in particular seems to be sourced through a monopoly that necessitates we buy a $500+ kit that includes several pieces that we have no use for. By chance, could someone here please direct us to an alternative source for REM-plug -to-two-banana-plug cables - both with AND without the center pin - as a standalone purchase? Medtronic insists we could cut up REM pads and create our own cables, but - and I could be wrong - it seems to me that doing so would lead to our banana plugs having half the conductive material vs a professional cable, thus impacting our results...? Thank you.

RE: Electrosurgical Unit (ESU) Report Post
Fri Oct 18 2019Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

It is very common to use banana plugs on a patient pad cable for testing. If you have a problem with that contact Fluke or BC group or any other biomedical equipment company that sells ESU testing accessories

Matt

Mon Oct 21 2019Reply from Chris S
Chris S

Fluke sells all the accessories as a kit for around $160.  Part number 2202009.  I'm not sure if they sell the parts individually.

Official MedWrench Guru
Tue Oct 22 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

i've always just made test cables from  the actual sets the user has. same for AED/defib test cables

Tue Oct 22 2019Reply from Celios

BC Group is the one charging $500/kit; on the other hand, Fluke responded to my inquiry with the following:

"Hi [...]. It is my understanding that you are looking for cables to be used with your Valleylab FORCE FX-C Electrosurgical analyzer.  Unfortunately, as we are a manufacture of Fluke Biomedical equipment and our QA-ES electrosurgical analyzers the cables that we have available are made to fit our units.  We do not carry any of the cables that you described in your chat.  You may have to go through Medtronic/Covidien to locate the required cables."

Citing Chris S's response, I have inquired about "Part number 2202009" and am waiting on a response (36-hours and counting).

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree