Fri Oct 25 2019

Monitor cart not booting up

I have a 2 Ziehm 7000s that are both crippled right now so appreciate any insight. 1) Was working intermittently in that the monitor cart (double CRT) does not boot up completely. Keyboard goes through appropriate sequence, but no bars and screens remain blank/dark. The C arm boots up and can take fluoro, but nothing visual on monitor screens. What can the problem be? 2) The other one boots up but when I take a picture, the image is all dark grey. Appreciate any help. Already confirmed for #1 that connecting cable is good. Thanks!

RE: Mobile C-Arm Report Post
Sat Oct 26 2019Reply from Tomelgy

I don't know the Ziehm 7000 but thinking logically.

Could be graphic card in PC or cable from PC to monitor. If both monitors do not display any image/text then more likely graphic card.

Sat Oct 26 2019Reply from Dr. Z

Thanks for the input.  Any ideas on the other one?

Sat Oct 26 2019Reply from Tomelgy

Dark image with radiation correct?

What is the kV doing? is it hovering around 40/45kV or up at 110kV. What happens if you push kV up manually?

If you put Cu (or lead) in beam does the kV run up higher?

If the kV is tracking up/ depending upon the amount of Cu/Lead then the problem could be the TV camera cable coax broken. This depends upon how/where the auto dose take data/signal from to calculate the amount of radiation/dose required.

Tom

Sat Oct 26 2019Reply from Dr. Z

The kV does not alter from 110kv no matter what I put in front of the beam.

Sun Oct 27 2019Reply from Tomelgy

Then most likely your image intensifier power supply has a problem. Normally its supplied with 20/24V. You need to trackdown this.

Look at the II power supply it could have an power LED.

You could have a broken wire in the connecting cable from the electronics box up to the camera/II power supply on the C-Bow.

Sun Oct 27 2019Reply from Dr. Z

Okay thanks.  Gives me a start.

You seem to really know your C-Arms.  If I decide not to sink anymore money into them since they are very old and upgrade to something newer...what are your thoughts between a Ziehm solo, 2014 Siemens Compact L, or something like the 2005 Ziehm Vision, or Ziehm Quantum.  OEC9600 is just as old as Ziehm 7000 so not really a great option.

Have you had any experience with the new Genoray Oscar from Korea ?

My issue is finding any good service techs for older Ziehms in the Phoenix area.  Only thing they want to work on is the Ziehm Solo.

Mon Oct 28 2019Reply from Tomelgy

I don't know the Genoray Oscar from Korea systems.

The Zeihm solo & vision are pretty good systems, with IQ & patient Dose.

The Siremobil Compact although a good 'general system' if you want a system with really good IQ then go for the GE OEC Brivo or latest OEC One system.

Depending upon your application needs perhaps the up market Elite, more power, subtraction etc.

Mon Oct 28 2019Reply from Dr. Z

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep investigating on my end.  We only have very basic needs for the C-arm.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree