Fri Dec 06 2019

Sakura Tissue Tek VIP 6 - ultrasound level sensor

Sakura Tissue Tek VIP 6 - ultrasound level sensor fail (EC 322 & 922). I've got a machine with an intermittently failing lower level sensor. I removed the sensor to clean it more thoroughly - it looks like bright clean stainless steel. The recommendation on the Sakura PM checklist is to use acetic acid or Metaflux, but I didn't have either on hand. Sakura doesn't specify which Metaflux product, but I've never run into this issue before. Has anyone else had a level sensor issue which was corrected by intensive cleaning? Does anyone have a source for these level sensors, other than Sakura?

RE: Tissue Processor Report Post
Fri Dec 06 2019Reply from janzaldi
janzaldi

Ross, Check your email I sent you details. 

Fri Dec 06 2019Reply from MedWrench Mandy
MedWrench Mandy

Although it is your choice to go offline with your discussion, we are sure that other MedWrench users would appreciate if you kept your discussion within the thread. This will help to keep a permanent record of the issue you are facing and how it was solved to help others in the community that may be facing a similar challenge.  

We appreciate your participation and hope that the MedWrench forums will help you to solve your medical equipment issue. 

Mandy Hernandez | Digital Marketing Coordinator
email me: mandy@medwrench.com
Connect with MedWrench:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIN

Fri Dec 06 2019Reply from janzaldi
janzaldi

Message Faulty Level Sensor. Operation is continued without using the Sensor.
Probable cause One of level sensors was found defective during the tissue processing
because
· Presence of solution is detected although the retort is empty
· Presence of solution is not detected although a solution is in the
retort.
Operation is continued without using the defective level sensor.
Action The processing run is continued to the end. The operation to be
controlled by the defective level sensor (such as the short mixing) is
done by using another level sensor. If it is not possible, the control to
use level sensors is not performed.

Fri Dec 06 2019Reply from Tomko Services, Inc.

Is there a scum line from the (over)use of tissue marking dyes?  One brand in particular (Cancer Diagnostics) has  green and black dyes that evidently have an iron component.  I noticed this when scraping it off and it was immediately attracted to a  magnetic screw driver.  A good brushing with a brass bristle brush followed by 0000 steel wool will completely remove it.  When reinstalling, be sure no excess teflon tape threads protrude into the sensor well.

Additionally, they have redesinbed the sensor.

-Bill

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree