Fri Dec 06 2019

SP02 monitoring

Having an issue here where when SP02 is selected with our telemetry devices and an alarm triggers, when canceling the alarm, it also shuts off SP02 monitoring. This happens with all piics (4) and with all wireless devices (M4841A, and MX40). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Telemetry-Central Station Report Post
Fri Dec 06 2019Reply from MedWrench Mandy
MedWrench Mandy

What manufacturer and model?

Mandy Hernandez | Digital Marketing Coordinator
email me: mandy@medwrench.com
Connect with MedWrench:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIN

Fri Dec 06 2019Reply from sammac

My apologies. 

Philips Intellivue,  models  M3155 piics, M4841A and MX40 telemetry units. 

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

Hmmm... which software version of the central? Is it Classic PIC IIC, or is it PIC iX? I've never heard of that happening before. Usually it's a parameter that's chosen on the bedside monitor.. Measurement Selection > touch the SPO2 symbol > Setup SPO2> second tab down> SpO2 On / Off (if you have a sensor going) Now, I'm playing with a X2, and it's off the network at the moment, but still..

I didn't think there was any way to turn a bedside trace on or off from the central. I'm still shaking my head about that one.

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from sammac

Thank you for the reply.  

It is the Classic system, software N.0.01.  This is only happening with the telemetry system, 3 PIICs and with 4841A, MX40 transmitters.   Not happening with our bedside, centrally monitored systems.  Very strange.

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from Ray Brown, CBET

You may have a buggy version. Here for a while on our 2nd-newest system, we were running N.00.12, but we upgraded it to N.00.16 on both the M3154 server and the M3155 PICs. Your configuration should be exactly the same, and the OS.. just update the Application. (We are running PIC iX on a different hospital, and OMG L.00.30 on our older tele and centrals.)

I seem to recall that the N.00.12 "reintroduced" (aka, didn't take out) the 48-day reboot "feature" of Microsoft. (something to do with a possible stack overflow or memory leak scenario) But the N.00.16 corrected that. :-)

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from sammac

Thank you for your ideas!  I will see what I can do with this information.  Thanks again!

Fri Jan 29 2021Reply from LD113

Sammac - did you ever get this corrected? I am currently having the exact same issue.

Thu Jan 12 2023Reply from HupfeldHerman

One of the most important things you can do to ensure that your SP02 works properly is to get service and repair manuals. These manuals will help you understand how your SP02 was built, what parts are included and what it is supposed to do.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree