Sat Dec 07 2019

Disassembling Hill-Rom Progressa bed

I was wondering how I could disassemble the: Hill-Rom Progressa bed? It doesn't fit through my doorway, my grandmother needs it ASAP for better care in her life.

RE: Bed Report Post
Sat Dec 07 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

siderails come off....what is the width of your door? can you put it on it's side on dollys, drop the siderails , remove the head and foot boards?

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from JeremyD

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure on the measurements of the door but it is a standard front house door as far as I am aware of. Is there anything else that can be removed? 

My apologies in advance but I forgot to mention that after getting it into the doorway (if possible) I do need to someone transport it to the 2nd or 3rd floor of the house to be close with family and caregivers. 

hope to hear from you soon! 

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

Well, if you own the bed, it can be fully disassembled, but its still gonna be pretty heavy. It's really not designed for what your trying to do

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from JeremyD

Chris,

I do in fact own the bed, it was just bought recently.

How would me and my family go about fully disassembling the bed? I don't mind the hard labor because of the fact that it's for my grandmother and keeping her close to the more family oriented area in my new home is important so she doesn't feel left out. 

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from Kenneth V

My 2 cents,

If it was me i would sell the progressa bed, find a local medical supply company then buy/rent a "Invacare" portable bed, it's made to split in half and be moved up/down stairs

Mon Dec 09 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

Kenneth's advice is probably the best idea, bc going forward, any mistakes made you will be stuck with.

I don't have a service manual on this bed as it's too new, but generally speaking, raise the bed up, and see where your electrical, pneumatic and hardware connections are b/w the base and top half. 

you've got the arms at the foot and head end, i'm assuming under those covers any electrical and pneumatic connectiosn would be there.

If I come across one I can take a better look. I suggest find a good way to support the top hald before you start disassembling as I imagine it's not light. Also, moving blankets to protect your walls when carrying it upstairs. I wish I could be more help and give you exact instructions but without being in front of the bed...

Fri Dec 13 2019Reply from Chris-CBET

any update?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree