Wed Dec 11 2019

How to clear the red gear light? PM Cycle.

Can anyone provide the procedure for clearing the red gear light?

RE: Centrifuge Report Post
Wed Dec 11 2019Reply from Cipher
Cipher

The Error/Service light will continuously illuminate when the centrifuge has achieved a total run time of 150 hours or 18,000 cycles, which is the useful life of the drive system. The drive mechanism needs replacing. The IRIS part number for the motor replacement kit is X01-3850-001 which includes the motor, membrane panel, IC chip and a few other parts. The IC chip is what tracks the total run hours and cycles, thus replacing this IC chip will reset the continuous red service light.  I'm not sure if there is another way to reset the service light, however; you may wish to contact Ozark Biomedical as I know they offer a new motor exchange for this model, Part #30192.  I don't know if anything other than the motor is included with their exchange or if they can offer further advice on resetting the service light. A flat rate overhaul by them may be a better option. Hope this helps. – Cipher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree