Tue Dec 17 2019

Drive error 905

Has anyone encountered error 905 on the Prisma stainer? It pertains to missing control files but I have these files saved on my pc and even after reloading the files and reformatting the disk I am still getting these errors. I think it is a bad board as Ive checked everything per the service manual but not sure if I'm overlooking anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Slide Stainer/Prep Report Post
Tue Dec 17 2019Reply from Paul Moyer

Error Code 905 File System Error (Drive B)
Àz An error occurred in the compact flash memory card (CF card) loaded in the CF Drive B.
A. Possible Cause
1. Any of control files necessary to operate the instrument does not exist in the CF card loaded in the CF
Drive B.
B. Tools and devices needed
* A personal computer that is able to read a CF card
C. Check and Remedy
Possible cause #1:
Initiate the maintenance program to access the “3. Program & Data File” screen from the main menu.
From that screen, execute “Data File Back up” to make a backup of the control files necessary to
operate the instrument in the CF card loaded in the CF Drive B.
Check contents of the backup to locate the missing control file (as for the control file names, refer to
the paragraph 2-20 “Control Files”). If the file name is identified, add that control file to the CF card
in the CF Drive B.
Because the folders to be added differ by control file, contact the manufacturer for more detailed
information.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree