Tue Jan 14 2020

freezes while downloading data

Hello, I'm trying to download ~300GB of data/images from Sonoace X8. It's quite an old ultrasound machine and it doesn't read newer, bigger external storage so I'm forced to successively download batches of around 30GB to a pendrive, move it to PC, delete the files from the pen and repeat. It's quite problematic but it's not the main problem. My main problem is that while I try to do so, the download freezes at around 3%, 50% or 90% mark in the majority of cases. I've tried reducing the amount of data from 30GB to 25, 20 etc. to check if a lesser amount of data works better but the problem persists. Does anyone know of any other ways to download such a huge amount of data? What might be causing the freezes? I hope I made the problem clear for everyone and thank you in advance.

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Tue Jan 14 2020Reply from ceshop

in the past i have used acronis boot to copy the files over or removed the drive and used USB adapters connected it to my PC thn copied the folders to a backup drive. it is possible the issue you are having is the system hard drive is so full that when you try to copy there is not enough space on the systems drive to write the temporary file to send to the backup media.

Mon Jan 20 2020Reply from sebsss

Thank you for the answer. Are there any instructions to removing the hard drive from X8 or is it straightforward? I have literally no experience in this.

Wed Jan 22 2020Reply from mike.ross.ultrasound@gmail.com
mike.ross.ultrasound@gmail.com

Hi, if you need sw for x8 to reinstall on new hdd I have it. Write me on email

Wed Jul 08 2020Reply from Philip G

Removing the HDD is straighforward.

Remove the rear covers; remove the large metal cover.

You will see the HDD mounted to the PC hardware.

Accessing the image database will be problematic though.

I've found that batch exporting is the only successful way to capture patient data.

Attempting to export the entire database, will only give you the result you've described.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree