Mon Jan 20 2020

A-Cart Incomplete Boot

Hi, Hope someone can shed some light on this problem. I have an old IU22 that has been great. However, recently, it will not boot up all the way. The power source first started making a sound like the fans are not spinning smoothly, now it boots up to the 60 counter and stalls for long time, then shuts off. Any knowledge on this condition would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Mon Jan 20 2020Reply from ceshop

almost sounds like a power supply issue

Tue Jan 21 2020Reply from Brucelong

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I thought so, too.  But before I buy an expensive power unit, I thought I could get some input from this board.

Thu Jan 30 2020Reply from Brucelong

Hi,

I have the service manual, too, but not helping me much.  I changed the power but it's still not fully booting up, although the rough sound from the bad fan is gone.

I was able to capture an image of the error before it switched off.  It appears to be a UI initialization failure (505).  Without the software to go in there, not sure which it might be.  Could be something as simple as a keyboard.  Ireseated all the cables in the control panel, but still no luck.  

Do you have any experience with this?  Hate to junk a perfectly good machine, otherwise.

Bruce

Anybody know any tricks to get into the diagnostic mode in this machine?

Thu Jan 30 2020Reply from Bobbybg2

Either your hard drive is failing or the software is corrupt. First thing I would try is pulling back cover off, pull out the umb and see if it boots. I have one unit that that will boot 10 times with no issues but the instance I put the inner back cover on the machine won't boot. If it still doesn't boot then make sure the main ribbon cable is flat and the hard drives are running. Finally if still not booting I would replace the hard drives and reload the software. Make sure you have a copy of the option license before starting. 

Thu Jan 30 2020Reply from Bobbybg2

With the back cover off look at the green led on both dolphin boards. They should start off solid green then start blinking rapidly. If one blinks rapidly and one is solid green then the solid green dolphin card is bad. If they are amber in color them look at your fire cable between the two. The machine will not boot until they are talking to each other. 

Thanks for the suggestions.   I took off the back and pulled out the umb.  It still only booted up to the 60 counter (please see pics).  Hard drives appear to be functional, but cant be sure.  I found the two green LEDs, and they both are blinking rapidly.

Does anyone here think a bad touch screen can cause this 505 error, and failure to finish booting?

Doesnt appear can attach pics here.

Fri Jan 31 2020Reply from Bobbybg2

The error points toward corrupt software, why software version do you have 

Fri Jan 31 2020Reply from Brucelong

Does 5.2.1.245 sound right?

Fri Jan 31 2020Reply from Brucelong

How is software loaded on this machine? Is there a bootable disc that can run in the cd drive?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree