Sat Mar 07 2020

Blowong fuses

Hi, I have midmark M11 autoclave. It just started blowing fuses yesterday. I have replaced the fuses and watch when it trips -I close the door and initiate a cycle but as soon as it says it starts heating it blows the fuse. Any thoughts on which component is faulty?

RE: Sterilizers/Autoclaves Report Post
Sat Mar 07 2020Reply from Deanna Wilkinson
Deanna Wilkinson

I would check any voltage regulators around the heating controls.  

Deanna Wilkinson - MedWrench Guru
Sat Mar 07 2020Reply from Ross

Heater shorted, or shorted to ground, possibly.

Ross

Tue Mar 10 2020Reply from Rix

A number of known issues: fuse holder on the pcb; burned traces on the pcb near fuse holder or heat relay; visually check for damaged connections and/or melted wiring beneath the chamber at the heater and the overtemp thermostats; visually inspect the heater inside the chamber got cracks, breaches or gross deformities. This assumes you have already checked for shorts with a meter. 

Sun Jun 14 2020Reply from Rescue Biomed
Rescue Biomed

I would say given that it happens as soon as the heater turns on, its a shorted heating element. Check resistance across the heating element and from one heating element terminal to the chamber or ground. You could repeat the resistance to ground check with water, as it could be a crack in the heating element itself, and it is shorting through the water.

Is this an old style or new style M11? The new style are prone to fuse holder problems, but the symptom of blowing when a specific component turns on leads me to believe this isn't the issue. I would check the fuse holder for burn marks just to be sure.

You can check out our midmark troubleshooting page for more info at https://rescuebiomed.com/midmark-autoclave-troubleshooting

Rescue Biomed - Autoclave and Exam Table Repair

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree