Mon Apr 20 2020

Limited tracker ball movement

Good day, my Siemens Acuson 700 ultrasound machine tracker is stuck at horizontal movement, what could be the problem? How do I resolve this?

RE: Ultrasound Systems Report Post
Thu May 07 2020Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Howdy,

Did you already try cleaning the trackball? The ring can be removed and then use a piece of cello or adhesive tape to remove the ball. You can use isopropyl alcohol to clean the trackball, and then remove the alcohol residue with a dry or lightly dampened cloth. If that does not get it to work correctly, AUE has parts for almost all Siemens ultrasound systems.

Best regards,

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

Thu May 07 2020Reply from Jasmine1929

Thank you Jim Carr,

Will definitely try this, but how do I remove the ball without spoiling anything? 

Thu May 07 2020Reply from Jim Carr
Jim Carr

Hi Jasmine,

The trackball ring holds the ball in place. There should be two raised marks on each side of the black trackball ring, at 3 and 9 o'clock. Using your fingers and those raised marks, turn the ring counter-clockwise (to the left) one-quarter of a turn and it should come off. There are encoders inside the trackball cup. Be careful when cleaning inside the cup so as not to damage those encoders. The trackball should be cleaned as part of regular maintenance, at least every 6 months.

Good luck,

Jim Carr
Director of Service & International Operations
AUS
Toll Free (USA, Puerto Rico and Canada): 866-620-2831
USA office: +1 918-628-2831
Email: Service@advancedultrasound.com and Sales@advancedultrasound.com

Thu May 07 2020Reply from Jasmine1929

Thank you Jim

Mon May 11 2020Reply from Jasmine1929

Hello Jim Carr, 

Thank you so much for your help, the trackerball is working perfectly now. 

I really appreciate the help

Tue Nov 10 2020Reply from Jasmine1929

Good day sir, 

Good day sir, 

I need your help please, I can no longer print with my Siemens Acuson 700 ultrasound machine, the printer is working fine as it printed an image when I pressed on the  copy button. but the images from the machine doesn't print. What should I do? 

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree