Tue Jun 16 2020

Leica ST5010 Autostainer XL Load and Exit switch

Leica ST5010 Autostainer XL - Load and Exit switches Does anyone have a part number & supplier for a good replacement for the momentary switches used on the Load and Exit keypad boards? Ross

RE: Slide Stainer/Prep Report Post
Wed Jun 17 2020Reply from Ben C
Ben C

MedWrench is an informational community. We do not sell equipment or parts. We do, however, work as the link between buyer and seller. Please fill out a request for quote and we will pass it along to a company to contact you directly.

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Wed Jun 17 2020Reply from Bob

14 0456 35220  PCB - exit drawer, assy.

14 0456 36164  Exit/load keypads

Wed Jun 17 2020Reply from Ross

Thanks for your reply, Bob, including the updated Leica part numbers.

I am, however, looking for a part number for just the switch. It's a low profile momentary switch - nothing special. I would expect the price of a switch to be between $1 and $10 each, multiplied by 2 (might as well do both the Exit and Load at the same time). Leica wants $640 for each of these PCBs, plus $507 for the pair of membranes. That would be $1787, just for the parts. To do a nice job, one may be stuck with paying Leica's price for the membranes, but there is no reason to replace the PCBs, just because the switches are wearing out.

This stainer is still in use, in a lab across town. If this unit was in my shop, I would pull it apart, make a few measurements, spend an hour or two online checking specs on switches, and then order some switches. I am hoping someone else has already done that, and is willing to share what they've learned.

Ross

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree