Tue Jun 23 2020

Microm HM525 NX cooling issue

Microm HM525 NX The microtome base gets colder than the evaporator coil. This is especially a problem since there appears to be no way to shut off the daily defrost (which only defrosts the evap coil); having the microtome base that cold means that the ice builds up on the microtome base. I know there are cooling coils under the base of the microtome, but I'm not sure what the configuration is, or how those coils relate to the coils in the evaporator. Has anyone seen this issue? What did you find?

RE: Cryostat Report Post
Wed Jun 24 2020Reply from Ben C
Ben C

Have you checked the MANUALS

Find me on FacebookLinkedIn, YouTube or Twitter 

Fri Jun 26 2020Reply from Ross

I talked to Epredia Tech Support regarding my refrigeration question on the HM525 NX: is the refrigeration configuration similar to that shown in the HM550 manual? She asked a third person, and as I understand it, he agreed that it was.
The HM550 service data shows (in series) the capillary tubing, then the object cooler heat exchanger (not applicable in an HM525 NX), then the evaporator coil, then the quick freeze plate, and then finally the base plate cooling coil (in that order).

In this situation, I think that it is overcharged with refrigerant so that the evap coil is filled with liquid, with no saturated vapor until later components (i.e. the base plate cooling coil).

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree