Thu Jul 09 2020

Printing half pages

Hi everyone, I have a printing issue. Only half the page is being printed, not the top half or bottom half so not suspecting the printer assembly. Its only printing the first 1/4 of the page in full and the rest of the page is entirely blank. Any suggestions are appreciated in advance.

Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from MedWrench Kari
MedWrench Kari

Southeastern Biomedical may be able to assist. 

Kari Thompson | Data Entry Coordinator                     email me: kari@medwrench.com
Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from Statbiomed

Without seeing the the actual print . Could be printhead , battery or even the paper. The diagnosis would be based on what it looks like can you upload a print ?

Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from Cbet_Matt
Cbet_Matt

Might suggest that the print head could be dirty with paper lint. You start with an aclcohol pad swip it back and forth then do the same with a soft cloth along the orange plastic film flat bar ' not the roller '. Let it set open for 5 minutes to insure that it is dry.

The print head  is on the top part of the paper tray at the upper front edge.

DO NOT RUB HARD ON THE ORANGE STRIP.

Matt

Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from AJ_Diaz

If you replaced the print head, you need to enter in the resistance that on the label of the printhead. 

Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from Darin

I cant seem to post a pic on here sorry.  The start of the page has the full proper printing from the top to the bottom of the sheet.  The printing is blank after approx 4 inches of printing.....the printed 4 inches that start is complete.  The rest of the page is completely blank, nothing printed.

I havent replaced the print head or anything else at this point.

Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from Statbiomed

Does the printing start at the beginning of the page ?  Or someplace in the middle ?

Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from MedRepair Rx, LLC
MedRepair Rx, LLC

If the paper is wrong it will do that. There must be a hole in the print paper about 3 inches down and 3 from the left top. If the wrong paper is used it will not detect the begining of the paper and will give you a paper out error and only print about 4 inches. The paper sensor will also cause this. As for the battery if it were dead or bad it would not print. If it is not either of those it is a mainboard issue that needs components replaced.

MedRepair Rx, LLC

Office: 864-757-8799

Fax:    864-757-8798

www.MedRepairRx.com

info@medrepairrx.com
Thu Jul 09 2020Reply from Darin

We are using the correct paper and its oriented properly. 

The printing starts immediately and is proper for the start of the strip.  I also have discovered a continuaous strip will print fine and continue untill I press stop.  This printing issue only happens on reports.

I will try to reload software from another cart in the hospital.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree