Fri Jul 10 2020

Continuous red led & continuous tone

Philips Everlo unit will run 5 - 10 minutes before red led illuminates continuously with a continuous tone. In the manual, this equates to "The device has detected a system malfunction.". The unit will run longer, if you run it with the flow reduced, before the error occurs. The flow ball stays steady (not bouncing) and the unit sounds like it is switching between sieve beds and purging nitrogen normally. I have 2 new units of the same model and they sound the same as the broken one. I have a copy of the service manual but it doesn't really give any direction on where to start or what to check for with this specific error, which is so general to begin with. Does anyone know what the most likely cause is or what components I should check? This is used for non-medical purposes so no one's life is on the line here, but I'd really like to get the unit working.

RE: Oxygen Concentrator Report Post
Mon Jul 20 2020Reply from Chris-CBET

Sieve beds might  need to be rebuilt, motor could be your issue, bad O2 sensor, if it's been banged around a lot it could be as simple as a bad connection

Wed Jun 02 2021Reply from vjjohn

Bad, worn, or contaminated sieve beds.

Sun Nov 28 2021Reply from Kal El

I have the same problem, I replaced sieve bed, compressor, pressure regulator and valve and still have the same problem. Getting 96 percent purity. 

Wed Mar 29 2023Reply from mikeyj
i have similar problem,I re activated sieve beds and now its not a steady beep as it was,it now runs seemingly fine ,but after 2 minutes it blinks red light and beeps every second.I am wondering if there is a "hard reset" that is done after these things are disassembled,there is little to no info on people fixing these things. There are places that rebuild them and I'm confident I'm on par with whoever they have at there doing this,if i had some better info.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Please review our Privacy Policy for more details.
I Agree